Monday, January 19, 2009

blart rulz.....

The bride and I were childless for part of the weekend, so we were able to date a bit on Friday night and Saturday. We saw "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" Saturday. I'm telling you, if Kevin James doesn't win an Oscar for his performance.....it won't surprise me a bit.

"Paul Blart" is a typical Adam Sandler movie. Very formulaic, very prescribed. Alot of the same cast as every other Sandler movie. It had some funny moments, but most of them were in the previews you see on television. I think Kevin James is hilarious, but he's not a leading man. The bad guy in the movie was played by the weird kid in "Wedding Crashers". Yeah, that could have been cast a little better.

So the movie was OK, but the time spent with the bride made up for that. We had a great time together. Maybe our next date movie will be better.....

3 comments:

cac said...

I saw Mall Cop on a double date Saturday and was horribly disappointed. I did not anticipate an Oscar winning movie but I did anticipate much more laughter. The guys were also not impressed. I've seen Kevin James doing standup on Comedy Central and he is hilarious..I guess he didn't have much artistic control with the movie.

wstaple said...

You're right, Kevin James is hilarious as a stand-up comedian. I would have thought he'd have a little more control since he wrote the movie.

cac said...

Maybe he should stick to standup.