Thursday, November 06, 2008

do-over.....


One of my employees told me a story about her drive into work on Monday. She thought her daughter had an ear infection so she was going to bring her into work, get a few things done there, then take her to see the pediatrician later that morning. Here's how the conversation in the car went:

Daughter: "Mommy, my tummy hurts."

Mom: "It's because you haven't eaten. We'll get some breakfast when we get to work."

Daughter: "No, Mommy, it really hurts. I don't feel good."

Mom: "You're just going to have to be a big girl and wait until we get to Mommy's work."

Suddenly Barfzilla showed up. In a big way. Twice.

Daughter: "See, I told you I didn't feel good!"

On the way home, they stopped at Publix and the daughter threw up again. This mom wanted a do-over for her day.....

No comments: