Wednesday, November 19, 2008

different format, same thing.....

Christmas is just a few weeks away, and that means we get an updated Christmas gift list from Sara at least weekly. She'll usually come into whatever room the bride and I are in, smiling from ear to ear, and hand it to us without saying a word. Then it goes up on the refrigerator.

The list isn't your standard list. It's just pictures of the things she wants that she's downloaded from Safari and pasted in Word. A digital camera. Some green Chuck Taylors. And a few other things I can't remember.

I guess she comes by this naturally. I did the same thing growing up. Except without the use of a computer. I remember taking notebook paper, a pencil, the JC Penney and Sears catalogs, and laying in the floor to make out my list. (I remember asking for an OJ Simpson poster one year. Who knew back then, huh?) I knew about what Santa's budget was, so I was sure to stay under that amount. And to help him out even more, I figured the tax and wrote the full price out on my list. Just doing my part to speed things up, that's all.

The things our kids inherit from us.....

No comments: