Tuesday, January 09, 2007

well, there's a first time for everything.....

Hawkeye Pierce once said that being nice to Frank Burns was like kissing Hitler on the mouth. I sort of felt that way last night as I watched the BCS Title Game hoping that Florida would win. The bride sat on the couch and said, "I never thought I'd see the day that my husband would root for Florida."

I don't think anyone in the country could have beaten Florida last night. And that definitely wasn't the same team that UT almost beat back in September. Urban Meyer did an outstanding job getting his team ready for this game. Ohio State had that "deer in the headlight" look all night long. They looked surprised that Florida was that fast. That's the kind of team the rest of the SEC faces every week. Ohio State had one big game during the regular season; Florida and the other SEC teams have big games within the conference every week. Congratulations to the Gator Nation. They deserved it.

While I did pull for Florida to win last night, I think it's important to note that I did have a Tennessee shirt on all the while.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First and hopefully last time for you and me both....CTM