Friday, January 26, 2007

2 more ways to tell i'm getting old.....

Yep, proof of getting old sometimes seems to hit you right between the eyes. Take this past weekend. The bride went prom dress shopping with Meg. Uh-huh. Not only is my oldest daughter old enough to be preparing for her first prom, but I'm also old enough to have a daughter who's old enough to be preparing for her first prom. Their shopping paid off, but not until later in the week. Some of these prom dresses are ridiculous, both in price and their lack of, um, modesty, shall we say. Seems like Dad once told me what they paid for their first house; some prom dresses now cost more than that.

The second way to prove I'm getting old happened to me Wednesday night. While on the couch with Sara, she and the bride attempted to tickle me. I'm notorious for tickling them, but I'm not too big on being tickled myself. (Yes, I'll admit that I can dish it out but I can't take it.) My biggest concern is that I'll accidentally hurt someone when I try to fend them off. So in trying to escape the tickling, I pulled a muscle in my rib cage. Rolling over in bed is ever so much fun now. So is backing out of the driveway.

Please pass the Icy Hot.....

No comments: