Wednesday, January 03, 2007

too much of a good thing.....

I like steak. I mean I really like steak. There's nothing better than a nice, tender, bacon-wrapped filet mignon grilled with a little garlic butter. But as much as I like steak, I don't think I could eat it every day. I need some variety. Throw in a little pizza, some fried chicken, maybe some pancakes for supper one night.

I love to watch movies, but lately I'm just about movied-out. The bride and I try to see at least one movie a year in a theater. I've been to the theater 3 times in the past 3 weeks. On top of that, I've watched several movies at home over the past couple of weeks. I'm almost at my limit for movie watching. Here's what I've seen over the past 3 weeks:

Borat - I think I mentioned this one before. If you just HAVE to see it, wait for the DVD.

Cars - I've seen this movie 3 times in the past month. One of the best Disney/Pixar movies ever done. Mater (Larry the Cable Guy) steals the show.

The Pursuit of Happyness - Very good movie, but depressing. I admire the guy for what he went through and his ability to stay sane. Made me wonder if I'd be strong enough given the same situation.

We Are Marshall - Good movie. Matthew McConaughey does a great job.

Benchwarmers - Uh, it was a movie. About 90 minutes long. And that's all I have to say about that.

Diary of a Mad Black Woman - The bride had heard about how funny this movie was. After about 25 minutes she said, "This is stupid!" I thanked her for saying so, because I felt the same way but didn't want to say anything. That's just what good husbands do. Modesty won't permit me say any more.

Election - I like this movie, sort of a dark comedy. I'd seen it a couple of times before, but I convinced the bride that she should watch it with me on New Year's Eve. Yeah, we're boring people. That, and we had about a dozen teenagers in our bonus room.

Invinceable - Enjoyable movie. I loved watching the clips from some of the old games. I can't imagine how great it must have felt to be an ordinary guy who gets the opportunity to play in the NFL.

I think it's time to spend a little less time watching movies and a little more time exercising. At least that's what my waistline is telling me.....

No comments: