Monday, January 08, 2007

temptation has many faces.....


I'm trying to eat better. Not trying to starve myself, but I want to eat better and eventually lose a few pounds. I succombed to temptation Friday at lunch. But it wasn't really my fault. Honest.

I was on my way to a meeting and stopped by the McDonald's drive-through to pick up something to eat. I ordered a couple of chicken snack wraps and a medium Diet Coke. I swear, that's what I ordered. I paid, drove to the next window and had my food handed to me.

I drove about a mile to a park and pulled my car under a tree. Then it happened. I opened the bag and there they were. French fries. And not a small order, either. It was the big-dog order. The kind where container's so big that homeless people fight over the discarded ones for shelter. Yeah, that big. The lady at the drive-through must have put them in my bag by mistake. The she-devil.

I was faced with a choice - should I just dig past the fries and eat my chicken wraps, or should I simply enjoy them as a gift? I dug down and removed my chicken wraps from the bottom of the bag, bypassing the french fries.

Oh, I ate the fries, I just ate the chicken wraps first.....

No comments: