Thursday, May 29, 2008

something so simple yet difficult.....

I read a book during lunch yesterday. That's right, I'm a fast reader. I can even read dozens of chapters at night. (The bride is laughing at me now because I've been reading alot of James Patterson's books lately and the chapters are typically 2 to 5 pages long. So I'm always telling her how fast I can read a chapter.)

I picked up a book at the library called "The Present" by Spencer Johnson, the gentleman who wrote "Who Moved My Cheese?" It's a life-lesson kind of book that tells a story about the secret of life. The "present" is living in the present, learning from the past, planning for the future and all the while doing these things with a sense of purpose. I encourage you to read it when you get a chance. I'm even thinking about giving the book to a few friends.

I tend to get caught up in the future, planning for things that aren't here yet, and forgetting about the here and now. It was a good reminder for me. I've got alot of good stuff going on in life that I'm liable to miss if I don't pay attention. And I'm probably not alone in this line of thinking.

It never ceases to amaze me how difficult simplicity can sometimes be.....

No comments: