Friday, May 02, 2008

simple pleasures.....

I had to go to Target during lunch yesterday. On my way to the checkout counter, I saw a little boy riding in a shopping cart. He wasn't in the seat of the cart; he was standing on his knees, leaning forward on the front section of the cart. He had his arms spread wide open, his eyes wide open and a huge smile on his face. He had that "Leo Dicaprio/king of the world" look on his face. What showed more than anything was that something as simple as riding in a Target shopping cart made him happy.

It made me think of riding in a shopping cart in the Oakwood grocery store when I was growing up. Mom always promised me a doughnut to get me to behave. Sometimes I did, sometimes I didn't. If I got the doughnut early, chances are I started misbehaving as soon as it was gone. I guess that's why Mom usually made me wait until she was almost finished shopping. But once I got that doughnut, I was happy. (Note to self: sell Krispy Kreme on the idea of opening up a small store in malls. While wives shop, their husbands could eat doughnuts and be content. Brilliant!)

This post proves a point to women everywhere: men are simple. And because we're simple, no matter how old we are, it doesn't take much to make us happy. Oh, how easy women have it in respect to trying to figure out the opposite sex.....

No comments: