Wednesday, March 28, 2007

it's a squirrel.....no, it's a rat.....

I had a little bit of a surprise while mowing last night. There's small bare spot in the back yard, and beside it there appeared to be alot of feathers. We just assumed that a dog or cat had gotten hold of a bird.

As the mower got to within about a foot of the spot, I saw a couple of "things" dart out of the spot. At first it looked like a couple of squirrels, then a couple of small rats. Upon further inspection I saw that they were baby rabbits. A third one came out of the hole a few minutes later. They looked pretty scared, darting back and forth along the fence while a crazy dog barked on the other side of the fence. I tried to coax them back into their nest a little later but didn't have any success.

Here are a few shots I was able to get of them.....




No comments: