Monday, March 26, 2007

i'm bilingual now.....

I've got this great N scale locomotive for sale on e-bay. I went through my e-mail the other night and saw a message from a potential buyer who had a question about the steam engine. I opened it up and immediately saw that I had a problem. Not only was Jean Jacque French, so was his question.

After staring at it for about 30 seconds, obviously hoping that I would pick up the French language by simply looking at it, I remembered someone telling me about the web site
babblefish.com. I found the free translation page, cut the question from e-bay and pasted it into the translation box. I requested that it be translated from French to English, and within a second it was there. I then typed in my answer to his question, had it translated from English to French, and pasted my reply back on e-bay.

He replied with "OK merci", which either means "thank you" or he's had enough.....

No comments: