Wednesday, February 28, 2007

stomp on the chomp.....

After watching the guys sing on American Idol last night (much better than last week, by the way), I switched over to ESPN and was surprised to see the Vols up by 13 over Florida in the first half. I watched, and was very animated at times, as they stretched the lead to 19 at the half. After a 3-pointer by Lofton, I raised both hands over my head and the bride said, "Honey, you're confused. That's not a football game!" The bride isn't much of a basketball fan and didn't realize that the signal for a 3-pointer looks just like the one for a touchdown.

Last night's game had it all - Pat Summit in a cheerleader uniform, Peyton Manning and a couple of his Colts teammates in the stands, a packed house.....and the hated #4 Gators. At one point the Vols held a 27-point lead and the place was rockin'. I got a little nervous when the lead was cut to 7, but the Vols ended up holding on for an 86-76 win.


I don't watch as much basketball as I used to. But this year's UT team had me watching more than I have in years. And if Lofton comes back for his senior season, next year should be even more fun to watch.
Ah, Rocky Top.....

No comments: