Tuesday, February 20, 2007

caught between the moon and new york city.....

While the bride was playing bunco last night, gambling away our childrens' college fund, I stayed home and did housework. And by housework, I mean that I read a book and watched television.

I decided to pull up "Arthur" and I watched the first 30 or so minutes of the movie. This is one of my favorite movies of all time. Classic lines, sharp wit, unbelievable comic timing. Dudley Moore was perfect in this role.

Here are some of my favorite quotes from the movie. Hopefully these will jog your memory (if you've seen it) and give you a laugh.....

Susan: A real woman could stop you from drinking.
Arthur: It'd have to be a real BIG woman.

Hobson: Normally, one would have to go to a bowling alley to meet someone of your stature.

Arthur: Isn't this fun? Isn't fun the best thing to have? Don't you wish you were me? I know I do.

Hobson: Thrilling to meet you, Gloria.
Gloria,: Hi.
Hobson: Yes. You obviously have a wonderful economy with words, Gloria. I look forward to your next syllable with great eagerness!

Arthur: It's a very tiny country... Rhode Island could beat the crap out of it in a war.

Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

No comments: