Thursday, February 01, 2007

it was like training for the iditarod this morning.....

So I'm getting ready this morning when my lovely bride walks into the bathroom and proclaims, "I hate Nashville weather!" The "winter blast" that was at first predicted to "dump" an inch of snow, then up to 4 inches of snow, was a dud. To even call what we got a dusting is an affront to dust itself.

Since she's a native Nashvillian, the bride has every right to be frustrated. I've been in the Nashville area for over 20 years and we've had 3, maybe 4, decent snowfalls. And I've watched as so many predictions fell well short of their forecasts. But she's been disappointed by Nashville weather forecasters all of her life.

My car was covered by about 1/8" of snow this morning. (Not sure who owns the car in the picture; just found it on Channel 5's site.) As I drove from Franklin to Nashville, the snow on the side of the road diminished. When I got about 3 miles from downtown, the streets were completely dry.

All that brine they sprayed on the roads yesterday must have dried things up.....

No comments: