Monday, September 18, 2006

this one hurt.....

I don't like to see UT lose. At all. But I especially hate to see them lose to Florida. Call me a Gator-Hater.

Before the game started, I really believed we'd win. By at least 10. Going into halftime I felt pretty good. We didn't look perfect, but we were up. We scored and went up 10 and I felt even better. But we just couldn't run the ball to save our lives, and that's what cost us the game. That and the fact that we kept giving up big plays to their receivers.

Oh, and here's a note to any SEC official who might happen to read this - I suggest putting skirts on all the quarterbacks in the conference. The "blow to the head" that took 6 points off the board for UT? The only thing I can figure is that J.T. Mapu actually blew air from his mouth into the face of Chris Leak. Borderline call at best.

Going into the season I figured we'd go 8-4 or 7-5, with an outside chance of 9-3 if we played well. Now I'm hoping we win 7. Florida's not that good of a team. Yes, they won, I'll give them that, but they didn't look like a top 10 team. We just blew chance after chance.

And I'm sure Coach Fulmer would agree with me today when I say that even though Spurrier's no longer there, you have to put the ball into the endzone. You still can't beat Florida with field goals.....

No comments: