Thursday, September 14, 2006

ain't too old.....yet.....

I was able to get together with Chris for dinner last night. We dropped Landon off at the South/DB freshman football game then headed to Saucearitas for some food. Following a very good meal we picked up Landon, then went back to their house to change clothes for at Tri Cities Baptist Church's new gym.

The bride had predicted that I'd have a heat attack if I played full court basketball with people less than half my age. (I knew I should have never told her about my life insurance benefits.) We played for a little over an hour and I didn't drop dead. Got a little winded, but I didn't die. I feel OK now, but I may not be able to move 8 hours from now.

My stat line didn't look that hot - I think I was like 1 for 8 or 9. But you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, right? (There once was a time in my when, if left unguarded, I could knock down shots around the perimeter all day long. Now I have to be left alone AND have everyone leave the gym for me to make anything during a game.) I dished off mostly, and that was alright with me. These guys do this all the time, they've got a better chance of making it than I do.

All in all I had a very good time. I found that I can still play full court basketball and still remain alive. Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go to Walgreens for some Icy Hot.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok WS, no posts since the 14th. You haven't expired after that game...have you?

wstaple said...

Nope, posted one yesterday. And look for one to springboard off your Cracker Barrell post later this week.