Thursday, May 18, 2006

and then there were two.....


Was I surprised that Elliott was voted off last night? No, not really. None of his three songs were very strong. Was I disappointed? Yes. (The picture to the left was taken right after it was announced that Elliott was going home. Katharine's smile apparently ticked off the Yamaniacs. That and the fact that her mom was jumping up and down. This could be good for Taylor.)

Katharine can sing, but I'm not a big fan. Her rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" got her into the finale. Many (inculding me) felt that she should have been gone the week that Chris left. But she got a reprieve of sorts and she made it through to the finale.

All three of Taylor's songs were strong. I've been waiting for him to sing "Try a Little Tenderness" for several weeks. (He was originally going to do this song during love songs week, but producers pulled it 24 hours before the show. Their reason? They felt that this wasn't a song Bocelli would sing.) And last night's "Takin' it to the Streets" is my favorite for the whole season.

So one more week, one more show, three more songs for each contestant. My hope is that AI doesn't make them both sing the same type of sappy song that Carrie and Bo had to sing last year. But even if they do, let's just say I like Mr. Hicks' chances.....

No comments: