Tuesday, November 22, 2005

and don't you ever forget it.....

My grandmother recently lost two brothers (Hayden and Glenn) over the span of 9 days, and it's been pretty hard on her. Having family around this weekend will be good for her.

Mom was talking to one of Glenn's daughters yesterday. Rebecca said that any time she or her other brother or sister would leave their parents' house, her father would look at them and say, "I love you, and don't you ever forget it!" She said when she thinks about her father, that's the first thing she remembers.

The older I get, the more I appreciate Thanksgiving. Christmas is and always will be my favorite holiday, but Thanksgiving keeps getting more special. It seems that everyone is always so rushed during the Christmas season, while Thanksgiving is more laid back and it allows us to just be with people we love.

Sometime over the next few days, tell someone "I love you, and don't you ever forget it!" Chances are they won't ever forget it.....

No comments: