Monday, October 05, 2009

tough times for football fans in tennessee.....

Anyone who thought the Vols would go 8-4 or 9-3 when the season started has had that fantasy shattered by reality. While Hardesty is leading the SEC in rushing, he appears to be all we've got on offense. I'm not going to pile onto Crompton - we knew what he was going in to the season, and he is who he is. The defense looked lost at times Saturday night against Auburn. Maybe it was because they were on the field so much. It's going to be a long season for Vol fans.

Speaking of long seasons, the Titans took the field against Jacksonville Sunday afternoon. You may have noticed that I didn't say they played. The bride and I left before halftime and went to the library. You know I'm not thrilled when the library wins out over a football game. The thing is, I'm trying to figure out how they got so bad so fast. The defense can't stop anyone. The offense has Chris Johnson and that's about it. We need a quarterback. I'm predicting that Mr. Young gets the start next week.

I'm a fan. I'll stay true to my teams. But the growing pains won't be any fun.....

No comments: