Tuesday, July 14, 2009

working on titles.....

The bride and I are considering co-authoring a book on home renovation. Here are the two titles we're mulling over: Renovating on a Budget and Home Remodeling: Divorce Might Be Simpler.

I wish I was different, I really do. I don't have a lot of patience when it comes to doing some things. I want to do things right the first time, check them off my list, then move on to the next thing. When I "allow" myself an hour to do a project and it ends up taking 4 hours, I'm not the most pleasant person to be around. (I know, I know, you find that hard to believe, but it's true!)

I'll have to admit that the bride has done all the scheduling for the renovation, from the wood floor installation to the cabinet refinishing and everything in between. And she's also done almost all the painting. We spent this past weekend getting ready for the flooring guys to come on Monday. By the time Sunday evening came around, I think she was ready for me to go back to work. We took out countertops, painted, switched out electrical outlets and switches, moved things into the master bedroom and upstairs hallway, and had a couple of light fixtures installed. An hour or so of silence was observed at one point during the afternoon on Sunday. I think the bride was meditating. Or plotting my demise. One of the two. I'm still not sure, and I don't think I really want to know.

We keep telling ourselves it'll all be worth it when it's over. Talk to us when it actually is over, and we'll let you know.....

No comments: