Tuesday, July 28, 2009

i've had enough.....

I've never considered myself a genius. One could look at my high school and college transcripts and figure that out. But for five days out of the week I feel somewhat smart. I know what I'm doing most of the time. I can figure things out. It's those other two days of the week that I feel as incompetent as a 4-year-old who's been asked to perform triple bypass surgery. Especially lately.

We've finished the kitchen/downstairs renovation for the most part. And when I say "we", I mean the people we've hired to do this stuff for us. The bride set it all up and did most of the painting. I did a little painting and switched out electrical outlets. Other than that, my job was to screw things up and then call someone in to finish what I started.

I don't think I was always this way when it came to doing things around the house. I'm not really sure when it all changed, but when it did it changed for the worst fast.

So that's it, I'm done. From this point forward, unless I know 100% that I can do some type of household project, I'm hiring someone to do it for me. A friend once said, "Hey, painters (or whatever type of profession) gotta' feed their families, too. I'm not gonna' take food out of their mouths!"

That, my friends, is called wisdom.....

No comments: