Tuesday, August 12, 2008

still trying to keep my head out of the way.....

The bride and I watched "The Bucket List" Saturday night. My first impression was disappointment. I was expecting more comedy, less seriousness. But the more I think about the movie, the more I like it. Alot.

There is a scene where Carter (Morgan Freeman) and Edward (Jack Nicholson) are traveling in Edward's Lear jet and the two started talking about faith. Edward said, "I envy people who have faith, I just can't get my head around it. " Carter replied with, "Maybe because your head's in the way." Even though my theology is more like Edward's, I understand Carter's statement. I'm too logical for faith sometimes. If something doesn't make sense to me, there's no way it can happen.

But I've learned over the years that logic doesn't always play a role in faith. And the funny thing is that faith grows every time you use it. Whether it's logical or not.....

No comments: