Tuesday, August 19, 2008

better camera does not equal better pictures.....

After I got out of the model train business, I sold all of my equipment. I took that money and, along with some more money I'd saved, bought a digital SLR camera. I spent about 6 months researching all the different brands and models. Ultimately I figured I couldn't go wrong with a Canon, so I ended up with the Xsi.



Out of the 500 pictures I've taken over the past 10 days, some of them have turned out pretty decent. It's amazing how a shot will look good in the camera's LCD screen, then once you see it on the computer screen it's blurry. I'm still trying to figure out the 9-point autofocus system. And lighting. And all the features unique to the Xsi. But I'm having fun with it, even if it can be frustrating at times. I'm just looking at the bad shots as learning experiences.



I'd like to point out that one of the reasons I bought this camera was to take pictures of my family. However, I live with three women. If camera avoidance was an Olympic sport, all of them would medal.

Here's a few of the ones I've liked so far.....




















No comments: