Tuesday, April 15, 2008

the things you do for love.....

Next Wednesday is a big day in the life of our family. On the 23rd, the bride and I will have been married for 20 years. That's a little over 7,300 days. Of bliss, I tell ya'. Yesterday, the bride (in her own loving way), gave me an early anniversary present. A gag gift, if you will.

Sara's FMS softball team had a game at 4:00 on Monday. I don't think the temperature got out of the mid-40's all day, and there were hit and miss showers. Right before leaving the office, I called the bride to see how cold it felt outside. Why not check weather.com? I could have done that, but I needed someone with firsthand exposure to the elements since I'd not been outside the building all day. If it was cold enough, I was going to have her bring my nice, warm wool overcoat. But she said it wasn't bad outside at all. Thinking back, I believe she suppressed a giggle when she said it. Because we froze. Icicles on the nose kind of froze. True, she froze, too. But I still think she laughed as her teeth chattered. And it was a satisfied, vengeful kind of laugh, the kind of laugh you can only have towards someone you've known and loved for over 21 years.

I'm such a lucky man.....

No comments: