Thursday, July 26, 2007

i've got to admit, this was pretty cool.....

A day or two after we got back from vacation, I received the following e-mail:

Hi there,

This is sort of weird to post on your blog -- I realize that. :) But I'm a journalist for MSNBC.com, and I think you might be the perfect person to interview for a story I'm working on.

The story's about the idea of TMI -- how we seem to be more inclined than ever to overshare the personal details of our lives to friends, colleagues or even strangers. Your description about the Hot Flash Lady was so hilarious!

I'd love to chat with you over the phone about this, and hear your perspective about oversharing. If you're interested, shoot me an e-mail at melissa.dahl@msnbc.com and let me know when you're available. (It'll only take 10-15 minutes, and it's sure to be a fun conversation.)

Thanks so much,

Melissa Dahl
Health writer/editor, MSNBC.com

I had to read it a few times and go over in my head who might be pulling a gag on me. Then I replied to her e-mail and gave her my phone number. A few days later she called and we did about a 10-minute interview.

Earlier this week I got a voice message from a friend who said they'd seen an article on MSNBC's web site with my name in it. Then Dad said one of his employees saw the article and wondered if the person mentioned in it was me.

This was pretty cool.....

No comments: