Friday, July 20, 2007

drive-up etiquette....

Seems that something unusual happens to me every time I go to the Wendy's on White Bridge Road. First an old crazy lady sings to me. Then this.

I went through the drive-up, seeing as how there were only 2 cars in line. (Well, for that reason and the fact that I didn't feel like taking the chance of having an old crazy lady sing to me.) The lady in front of me placed her order then drove around to the window. I placed my order and drove in behind her. I sat and waited. And waited. I saw that the lady in front of me was talking to the guy at the window. Shaking her head. I could tell that something wasn't right because I'm ridiculously brilliant. (It's a gift.) So I rolled my window down to listen. Apparently the lady changed her mind from the time she placed her order to the time she drove forward 47 feet to the window. I remember seeing her original order on the screen and it was something like $15. I heard the lady say, "But I CHANGED MAH MIND! All I want now is FRAHS and a FRAW-STAY!!!!!" (For those of you not from the South, allow me to translate: "frahs and a fraw-stay" means "fries and a Frosty".)
For future reference, here's the correct sequence for placing an oder at a drive-up window: order, drive to window, pay, get your food, then leave. Once you lock in your order and drive around to pick it up, you're obligated to buy it. Period.
People.....

No comments: