Monday, July 30, 2007

a delicate aroma of grapefruit and gasoline.....

While we were on vacation we did some shopping at an outlet mall. We went in the Polo outlet and I smelled a couple of different colognes. I liked both the Polo Blue and the Polo Black, but I sprayed some of the Blue on me and the bride loved it. (Honestly, it was like feeding time at the lion's cage and I was the sirloin. But enough of that.)

The bride didn't know what to get me for my birthday, so I thought I'd order some cologne off of e-bay. But I'd forgotten which of the colognes I liked. I thought it was the Black, so I ordered it. I went by Dillards after ordering it to confirm that I liked it. Turns out I liked the Blue better, but the Black was going to be just fine.

I got the Polo Black in the mail. I sprayed it. I smelled gasoline. I thought that maybe it just needed time to set. 4 hours later, it still smelled like gasoline. I got a little sick to my stomach from the smell. The next day I e-mailed the seller and told him that I wanted my money back. The refund is due any day now.

So if you're looking for a special fragrance that has the aroma of grapefruit with a hint of petroleum, have I got a source for you.....

No comments: