Monday, December 11, 2006

one more time and making the bride go shopping.....

Well, he did at again. What is it about this guy? Why does Vince Young seem to have fresh legs in the 4th quarter and overtime? The best quote of the day came from him when he said, referring to his game-winning run, "I felt like my mom was chasing me with a belt." (Substitute the word "belt" with "fly swatter" and I understand where he's coming from!)

I thought the Titans made a mistake when they drafter Young over Leinart. The way they've played lately, I'm not so sure about that. Imagine that, football professionals knowing more than the OFIT.

I didn't get to see much of the game yesterday. After we got home from church, the bride and I headed out to do a little Christmas shopping. We did some on Saturday, but didn't get alot done. Oh, and I had to pratically force my lovely bride out the door to get started.

See, the past few years, I've taken a day off from work the first or second week of December so that the bride and I could spend an entire weekday at the malls and tackle a good portion of our Christmas shopping in one day. Since she's working now, this year that wasn't possible. It's not that she doesn't enjoy shopping. The bride just doesn't like shopping in crowds. At all.

Despite her protests, Sunday proved to be a success. And before I knew it, she was actually having fun. She bought, I carried. Then she bought some more, and I carried it, too. By the end of the day I had rented a pack mule named Umburto to help me with the packages. That's a new service Opry Mills is offering this year. You'll find "Pack Mules by Carlos" located near Gap. It's not free, but it's worth it. They even have these fenced-in gathering areas in the parking lot that you can leave your mule at instead of walking them back into the mall. It's great.

Christmas is just two weeks from today.....

No comments: