Wednesday, December 07, 2005

thoughts from last night.....

We were watching Charlie Brown's Christmas last night and a commercial came on for Welch's grape juice. Here's the way the conversation went:

Meg: Oh, I love that little girl!
Me: (sarcastically; I know, it's a stretch) You don't even know her!
Meg: Ha, ha, Dad.
Sara: I'll bet that little girl never gets zits.
Meg: Yeah, she's got smooth skin.

Now here's the difference between the way girls think and the way boys think. Girls see a little girl on TV talking about juice and start talking about her skin. A boy sees the same commercial and thinks, "Hmm, I'd like to have some juice."
-------
Since when did Garth Brooks and Santa become such good buddies? And do you think that Garth cries himself to sleep every night knowing he sold his soul to Wal Mart?
-------
Tom Petty won an AMA last night, their Century Award. I've always liked his music. He's never been what most would call a handsome man, but last night he did look a bit like someone's elderly aunt who forgot to take their daily dose of estrogen.
-------
I now have a UT Christmas tree in my office, compliments of Meg. Here's a shot of it:

-------
So with the help of the tree and being able to watch Charlie Brown's Christmas with Sara last night, Christmas is here, baby.....

No comments: