Tuesday, December 06, 2005

less than 3 weeks away, but.....

Maybe it's just me, but it sure doesn't feel like Christmastime. Yes, the past few days have been cold enough to freeze off certain body parts, but I just haven't gotten that Christmas feeling yet. Part of the reason is that I missed my favorite Christmas show last week - Rudolph.

When I was little, Rudolph sort of "marked" the start of the Christmas season. I remember having to be home on that night just so that I wouldn't miss it when it came on. (I feel like an old man - "In my day, you couldn't use your fancy Tivo or high-falutin' video recording machines! We had to watch it when it came on or we missed it! And we liked it that way!") I also remember missing it a time or two when I was younger, and I had that same sick feeling last week. Sure, I'm 41, but when I was channel-surfing last Wednesday night and saw that Rudolph was almost over, it was sort of depressing. (I also missed the Charlie Brown Christmas show last week. But it's coming on again tomorrow night, and I made sure to set the DVR set to record it. So I've got that going for me.)

Yep, I'm needing a dose of Christmas spirit right about now. I'm starting to feel like Charlie Brown, just before Linus came out and gave his great speech on the true meaning of Christmas.....

1 comment:

cac said...

In the midwest ABC aired Charlie Brown Tuesday night, not Wendsday night. You could always buy the DVDS; its not the same of course but at least you could watch them when you want.