Tuesday, October 11, 2005

so i've got that going for me.....


I've got a new friend. I've known about him for years, but had never met him until Saturday afternoon. His name? Phillip Fulmer, but I call him Coach.

There we were - Chris, Landon, Meg and I - lined up with all the other Vol fans, waiting for the processional to begin that is known as the Vol Walk. All the coaches and players walk from the practice facility to Neyland Stadium before every home game, and fans line the sidewalk to watch them pass by. Coach Fulmer always leads them out.

So as Coach Fulmer approaches, I stuck my hand out and said, "Let's go get 'em, Coach!" He shook my hand, looked my way and said, "I appreciate you." Yep, he sure did. And I'm pretty sure I was the only one he said that to on Saturday.....

No comments: