Wednesday, August 19, 2009

good grief.....


I've always been a "Peanuts" fan. I loved all the characters and their personalities. And though Charlie Brown was a blockhead, I always rooted for him. The one character trait that ol' Charlie Brown possessed that drove me crazy was his tendency to be wishy-washy. But since the guy just never seemed to have anything go his way, I understood his wishy-washiness. I didn't forgive it, I just understood it.

While driving to lunch yesterday, I heard Dan Patrick say that Brett Favre would come out of retirement and sign with the Minnesota Vikings on Tuesday for somewhere between $10 and $12 million. Brett Favre retires and "unretires" more often than I change my underwear.

I used to love to watch Favre play football for the Packers. He took risks. Sure, he threw almost as many interceptions as he did touchdowns, but his touchdown passes were so exciting that you forgot about the interceptions.

Maybe his misses the competition. Maybe he needs the money. Or maybe he just doesn't want to go to training camp like a "regular" NFL player. But one thing's for sure - Brett Favre's wishy-washiness sure has made him look like a blockhead.....

No comments: