Thursday, April 23, 2009

it's the little things.....

The bride and I are celebrating our 21st year of marriage today. We've always tried to do something special for each other on anniversaries and birthdays. On her 40th birthday, I surprised the bride with a trip to the doctor because I thought I was having a heart attack. Thoughtful, that's what I am.

The bride got a jump on the festivities a day early this year. She woke up just before 4:00 Wednesday morning and couldn't get out of bed. I heard all kinds of noises and thought she was having a bad dream. Turns out she was just attempting to roll over and couldn't because of some severe back pain. We went to the doctor, and she loaded her up with a muscle relaxant, a steroid pack, and 800 mg Ibuprofen pills.

Oh, the things we do for love.....

1 comment:

Margie from the cafe said...

Mix a little Nyquil with that muscle relaxer, and that will make for a Happy Anniversary!!!!!