Wednesday, June 15, 2005

new watch.....

I'd like to have someone invent a watch that would work on God's time, not my time. Can you imagine the demand for such a thing?

I have a good friend who's been going through an interview process for the CEO position of a non-profit organization for the past 2 months. He made it as one of the final 3 candidates for the job. 2 weeks ago, the headhunter told him that the he was their guy. In these past 2 weeks, the board has back-peddled somewhat, and while he's still the only candidate they're considering, they're drawing the process out.

I know what's he's going through. The interview process for my current job took almost 3 1/2 months, and it was pretty frustrating. I'd call, they'd say they still hadn't made a decision. In the end, my persistence was one of the things that got me the job. The recruiter said that it was obvious that I wanted the job.

In the first chapter of Acts, Christ appears to his apostles and they ask Him when Isreal was going to be restored. He replied, "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority."

To me, the hardest part of the Christian walk is waiting. I had a hard time with waiting for something I wanted, and my friend's having a hard time waiting for this thing to happen for him. And that's where faith comes in. Complete trust that regardless of the outcome, God has a plan for you.....in His own time.

OK, so I'm off to research this God's-time-watch thing. Maybe I'll check on e-Bay.....

No comments: