Wednesday, May 03, 2006

top 5 recap.....

The bride and I were talking the other day about the fact that any of the 5 remaining contestants could possibly win Idol this year. Sure, some are stronger than others, but they've all got the potential to win. Here's my take on last night.....

Elliott - He did a good job with the first song, but the second song was way too mellow. I really like this guy's voice, but he could be in the bottom 2 or 3 tonight.

Paris - This kid has an incredible voice. I went around singing "Kiss" off and on the rest of the night, even though it was just, as Randy says, "a'ight". The second song was pretty good. Don't know if either was good enough to keep her on the show.

Chris - I thought the band sounded really good on the first song. The second song showed a chink in the ol' armor - Chris has a hard time with his voice when he screams non-stop.

Katharine - The first song was awful. The second song, one of my favorites by Ms. Tunstall, was OK. They had to change the key for Katharine and it never sounded quite right to me.

Taylor - It's about time they saved the best for last! (Partial? Me?) I knew what Simon's comments would be. (Just how many weddings does Simon go to in a given year?) Even the bride, who's not that big of a Taylor fan, said after Simon's comments, "Did he just hear the audience? They're going nuts!" "Something" was one of my favorites for the year. He brought out a little "Ray" during the second line of the song.

I can't remember if they do a bottom 2 or 3 tonight. My prediction? Last night was the end for Paris.....

No comments: